Posted on: August 22, 2013
The Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE) is pleased to announce its 3rd annual Photo and Video Contest.
International education has the power to change the world – to break down cultural and regional barriers and expand personal, academic and professional horizons. Everyone benefits when you are immersed in a new culture, exchanging new ideas at faraway institutions and creating lifelong friendships and relationships. CBIE member institutions help make these experiences happen for thousands of students each year. We invite you to share your story with us.
- Show us how your studies, research or internship abroad have enriched (or are currently enriching) your life and work.
- Send us a photo accompanied by a short testimonial (200 words or less) OR make your story come alive with a video submission.
- We are looking for submissions that clearly show the transformative benefits of international study and exchange.
- The contest is open to international and Canadian students, (university/college/language schools) at CBIE member institutions. View list of CBIE member institutions.
You could win one of our grand prizes!
Prizes include: $250 for winners in each category (Photo and Video) and $100 for one finalist in each category.
Qualified entries will be displayed at CBIE’s Annual Conference at The Westin Bayshore in Vancouver from November 17-20, 2013. Conference participants will vote for their favourite entry. Winners will be announced publicly during CBIE’s gala on November 19 and will be promoted during the rest of Canada’s International Education Week (November 18-22, 2013).
- Contest launches on Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 1 pm EDT.
- Contest closes on Monday, October 14, 2013 at 11:59 pm EDT.
- All submissions are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Photos must be 1 MB or more or they will be disqualified; video submissions must be at least 1 minute and no longer than 3 minutes, 1 MB or more.
- CBIE Photo Video Contest Rules (PDF)
- CBIE Photo Video Contest FAQs (PDF)
- CBIE Photo Video Contest Release Form (PDF- mandatory)
CBIE is Canada’s national organization dedicated to making Canada a global leader in international education. CBIE’s pan-Canadian membership comprises 150 colleges, institutes, universities, school boards and language schools which enroll over 1.2 million students from coast to coast.
- Navitas Canada is part of the global Navitas Group, a leading education provider that specializes in university pathway programs. Navitas programs in Canada are Fraser International College (FIC) in association with Simon Fraser University in Vancouver and International College of Manitoba (ICM) at the University of Manitoba in Winnipeg. FIC and ICM offer an alternate entry pathway for international students seeking a university degree. More information about each program is available at www.fraseric.ca or www.icmanitoba.ca.