Posted on: April 14, 2014
DAAD offers financial support for subject-related academic information visits to Germany organized by faculty members for groups of students. Group Study Visit grants are intended to encourage contact with academic institutions, groups and individuals in Germany, and offer insight into current issues in the academic, scientific, economic, political and cultural realms.
Terms of Award:
- DAAD offers up to around €9,600 to subsidize room and board, depending on size of group and length of stay. (€50 per participant per day) Participants will have to supplement the funding provided by DAAD with resources of their own. Groups will not be eligible for funding in successive years.
- All departments are eligible for this funding. The visit should be organized and arranged entirely by the home institution and should have a meaningful relationship to its curriculum.
- The proposed program should also give students a greater understanding of and insight into current issues in the academic, scientific, economic, political and cultural realms in Germany. This part must not make up more than one third of the funding term.
- The group should consist of 10 to 15 students (plus one accompanying faculty member) affiliated with an accredited US and Canadian university. The students should be at the Bachelor’s and Master’s level. The trip should be for 7 to 12 days, although the visits themselves may last longer. Participants may be drawn from more than one institution.
- DAAD is not responsible for any visa matters regarding entry into Germany or re-entry into the US and Canada for international students.
The deadline for applications is May 1, 2014 (for trips commencing no earlier than September 1)
For eligibility requirements and application guidelines, please visit:www.daad.org/groupvisits