Posted on: August 20, 2015
*Apply for a round trip ticket to your study abroad program destination
Your eligibility to apply for this scholarship is based on the following:
- You hold a Canadian passport or have Permanent Residency status
- You are currently enrolled at a BCSA Consortium Institution
- You have applied for a study abroad in a program of 3 months or more in the next calendar year (please note that the scholarship will only be awarded upon proof of acceptance into the program of choice)
- It is your first time studying abroad
- You are a student in financial need (please address this in the student essay portion of the application)
How to apply:
In return for the roundtrip airfare* the chosen student will need to submit the following to be uploaded onto our BCSA Blog:
- One 300-400 word blog post (with photo) pre-departure
- One 300-400 blog post (with photo) during the study abroad program
- One 300-400 blog post (with photo) upon return from the study abroad program
- 8-10 additional photos upon completion of the study abroad program
- A short presentation at your home institution within the calendar year following the study abroad program
Application deadline: October 12, 2015
These photos and posts will be featured on our BCSA, BCCIE and StudyinBC websites and social media pages.
* Scholarship includes a roundtrip ticket in economy class from a major hub city in BC to the major hub city in the exchange destination. Ticket is subject to award space availability and inclusive of all relevant taxes and surcharges. Scholarship recipient should be flexible with the schedule and routing of the flights as they are contingent on award seat availability at the time of booking. The flight cannot be assigned traded or exchanged for cash. The ticket must be used within one year of the scholarship acceptance date and must be used for travel to and from the study abroad destination.
Please also ask your international advisor or visit your institution’s Student Awards and Financial Aid website for more information.