Posted on: September 24, 2015
What’s your story? What unforgettable moments have you experienced in your international education journey? What did you learn?
The Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE) is pleased to announce its 5th annual Photo and Video Contest.
International education has the power to change the world – to break down cultural and regional barriers and expand personal, academic and professional horizons. Everyone benefits when you are immersed in a new culture, exchanging new ideas at faraway institutions and creating lifelong friendships and relationships. CBIE member institutions help make these experiences happen for thousands of students each year. We invite you to share your story with us.
- Show us how your studies, research or internship abroad have enriched (or are currently enriching) your life and work.
- Send us a photo accompanied by a short testimonial (200 words or less) OR make your story come alive with a video submission.
- We are looking for submissions that clearly show the transformative benefits of international study and exchange.
- The contest is open to international and Canadian students, (university/college/language schools/high school) at CBIE member institutions. View list of CBIE member institutions.
You could win one of our grand prizes!
Prizes include: $250 for winners in each category (Photo and Video) and $100 for one finalist in each category.
Qualified entries will be displayed online from November 16-24, and at CBIE’s Annual Conference in Niagara Falls. Conference participants, as well as online visitors will vote for their favourite entry. Winners will be announced publicly during CBIE’s gala on November 24.
- Contest launches on Wednesday September 23, 2014 at 12 pm EDT.
- Contest closes on Friday October 23, 2015 at 11:59 pm EDT.
- All submissions are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Photos must be 1 MB or more or they will be disqualified; video submissions must be at least 1 minute and no longer than 3 minutes, 1 MB or more.
- CBIE Photo Video Contest Rules (PDF)
- CBIE Photo Video Contest FAQs (PDF)
- CBIE Photo Video Contest Release Form (PDF- mandatory)
- Get inspired: Click here to see the 2014 winners
CBIE is Canada’s national organization dedicated to making Canada a global leader in international education. CBIE’s pan-Canadian membership comprises 150 colleges, institutes, universities, school boards and language schools which enroll over 1.2 million students from coast to coast.